Saturday, November 19, 2011

HUGE AFRICAN YARDSALE!

I know it may be a  little soon for another blog, but I had to tell you all about today.

I was told yesterday that I would be helping out with a sale the Jacaranda Creations ladies were going to. So I got up this morning and went to the school where they would be selling. After we set up I was lead around the biggest African yard sale I've ever seen. I was in my element!
   As most of you know already, I love yardsaling :D It was like a huge community yardsale, only with tons of African dresses, jewelry, and other memorabilia. It was fantastic :) I'm starting to get used to being here, and I really love it.
 
You all may be wondering what exactly I will be doing here. So far I've been trying to help organize the children's ministry for their church. I will probably visit the slums soon (which is where a lot of the kids are from that go to the church). I will also be teaching some music too for the family I'm working with :)

That's all I know so far :)
More updates to come!

p.s. I keep trying to get in the wrong side of the car... It will take a while to get used to that

No comments:

Post a Comment